A Review of Evidence of the Equality Strands in the East of England (2010)
The report A Review of Evidence of the Equality Strands in the East of England was published in December 2010 by the VCS Equalities Group under the leadership of MENTER. It provides information around all the seven equality strands (age, gender, race and ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, sexual orientation and transgender) and their situation in our region.
We hope this document can help you in the following ways:
- When submitting evidence for a funding application
- To get an overview of the issues faced by people who belong to any of these equality strands (or protected characteristics) and who may also be your clients/target group
- To find further resources for your particular information need
- To find out about other reports produced which may be relevant to your information need
- When lobbying policy-makers and government representatives around a particular issue faced by groups who have one or more protected characteristics, because of their age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, race or ethnicity, and/or transgender status.
The full report is available to downloadhere (pdf format, 1MB file).
Individual chapters can also be accessed by clicking the relevant title below:
- Age: Children and Young People; Older People
- Race and Ethnicity
- Faith or Belief
- Sexual Orientation
Other relevant research and policy documents can be found in the resources section of our website.